Monday, March 28, 2011

Ziona Chana

An Indian man from Mizoram, in the northeastern part of the country, has the largest family in the world with 181 people including 39 wives, 94 children and 14 children in-law and 33 grandchildren. Chana Ziona 67 years and his family lived in a house with 100 rooms, four-storey house in the middle hills village Baktwang in Mizoram.

This family menrapkan military-like discipline, with the oldest wife Zathiangi organizing fellow partners to do household chores such as cleaning, washing and preparing food. One dinner could see them cut 30 chickens, 132 skins from the potatoes and cook until 220 pounds of rice.

Ziona keep young wife near his bedroom with an older family member to sleep further. The wives took turns visiting her bedroom.

Ziona met his wife, the eldest, who was three years older than he, when he was 17 years old. 'I was once married 10 women in one year,' he said. 'Even today, I was ready to expand my family and are willing to go to a certain limit to get married. I have so many people to treat and care for me, and I consider myself a lucky guy. '

Ziona is the head of a local religious Christian sect called 'Chana,' which allows polygamy. Formed in June 1942, part of a cult belief is that they will soon rule the world with Christ.