Monday, December 20, 2010

What 10 Pounds Looks Like on Me.

Last week when I weighed in, I knew it'd be better this week. And it was! And now I'm SOMOTHERFLOCKINGCLOSE to the 150's that I want to freak out!

Drum Roll Please...

160.4



(teeny dance of joy inserted here.) (Oh, and you guys keep commenting on my hideous toenails... I know. Seriously, I know. I'm booked for a spa day on the 10th. Until then, I can't be bothered.)

So! Here's a sum-up of all my numbers:

Weight: 160.4 (-2.2lbs)
Arm: 11.5 (-5.)
Bust: 37 (-0)
Ribcage: 33 (I swear this is never changing)
Waist: 28.5 (What! -.5)
Butt: 40 (-0)
Hips: 38 (-1)
Thigh: 24 (-0)

This means my BMI as of today is 25.1. ARGH! I am SO close to "normal" it's not even funny! Plus, I'm .4 pounds away from that 65 pounds lost button, so I'm waiting anxiously. ;)

So, I'm updating my little ticker thinggie:






This ticker will take me to 145 pounds. That's my goal weight. Ultimately I'd like to see 140 so I might end up readjusting the ticker when I get down so I can be working on those last five pounds, but for now I'm keeping it how it is.

And, now it's just a wait! I definitely feel confident I can break the 160 mark by next weigh in. I also think I'm totally on track to hitting my goal for going back to Denver. In my head I am thinking that I want to lose another 5 pounds before then (August 15th). I have 18 days until then (2.5 weeks) - and so technically it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibilities to hit that 155 number by my birthday. Back when I started this I wanted to lose 15 pounds by my birthday. Oh, wait. It was actually to lose 13 pounds from 172.5 which actually means I wanted to be 160 or 159.whatever. And somehow I upped the ante to being 155.

Why do we do that!?

/sigh.


Also I wanted to share with you guys what 10 pounds looks like on me. I took the before photo on June 16th when I was at 170.8, and today I'm at 160.4.




Anyhoodle! I wanted to share with you the most DELICIOUS eggplant I made last night!


Cut up the bastard. I chose 1/2 inch-ish slices. Nice and thick.



Then I whisked up the delicious marinade:
4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
2 tbs balsamic vinegar (I was out so I used balsamic vinaigrette dressing)
2 cloves garlic chopped finely
salt and pepper to taste

Then I brushed both sides of the eggplant slices with the marinade. I also cut some groove slices into the meat of the eggplant (on one side only, criss crossed, not going all the way through) so the marinade would soak in. I let it sit for about 15 minutes.

And voila! This is after putting them on the grill for about 12-15 minutes total, flipping once. DELICIOUS! The flavor was so good you guys, I can't wait to make more. <3


~Jenn