Monday, December 20, 2010

Salads! Smashing! Sensational! Sexyliscious!

I'm obsessed with salads. Beth and Bitch Cakes both talk about salad a lot, and I wanted to do my own little homage to them.

I try to eat a huge salad every day if possible. I thought I'd take you all through my typical salad!

I buy these huge boxes of salad, and try to go through one a week!


This is how much salad I put on the plate. I pile it up really high. This is a full size dinner plate.


Then I cut the salad into little pieces so it lays nice and low and flat. This way I can pile on a ton of veggies and eat bite sized pieces without any problems!


I cut up cucumber, bell peppers (here orange and yellow,) mushrooms, and a little bit of tomato. Usually I'll put avocado on there too but the ones I bought aren't quite ripe yet.


Then I cut up lunch meat - chicken or turkey, and also put a bit of shredded cheddar.


Delish!


On a side note, I got a new t-shirt from Target a few days ago, and I LOVE it. I'm obsessed with trees and birds (getting a half sleeve tattoo in October that will prove that point...) - and this shirt is awesome. It says "Let love grow." :) I've gotten to the point where I'm tucking shirts into my jeans and it feels fantastic. I'll be back with a weigh in on Wednesday!