Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Resigned, but in conflict with sponsor in UAE ?


I am working in UAE under 3 yr Unlimited Contract. Recently after completing more than one year, I resigned and notice period in over.


Now my sponsor is not willing to release me. So told him that going to file case in MOL. My sponsor became very upset. Understanding that he will loose the case for sure, just to trouble me otherwise, he made preparation to file false case against me in Police / CID.


He is constantly asking me to surrender my passport, Labour Card, Medical Card etc. He also assured me revised package, but nothing in writing. I can not stick to him because he has not kept promises made earlier.


The way my sponsor now wants me to hold back is surely against the law in UAE, and if required I need to take help from Police / CID.


Can anybody advise me better ?