Friday, December 24, 2010

Anthem Blue Cross CA Update

Just wanted to update on my suspending sales with Anthem Blue Cross CA.

I have spoken with Anthem concerning my issues with their processes and am supposed to be receiving some correspondence from 'on high' regarding my issues and concerns. As of today I have not yet received anything from Anthem in this regard. I understand the correspondence has to be cleared by the legal department due to technical nature (I am sure it's HIPAA-related).

I am willing to work with Anthem Blue Cross to resolve these concerns and to assist people in buying both guaranteed-issue HIPAA coverage and underwritten coverage (one the plans are actually available -- they are still blacked out pending DOI approvals).

In the meantime, I am continuing with Anthem Blue Cross small group products as they are a good carrier for the types of groups with which I specialize (spousal/family).

I just wanted to update and let you all know where things stand.